Latest Update on Corona Virus Restrictions as from 6 January 2021
- LEAVING HOME: You must not leave, or be outside of your home or garden, except for a very limited set of exemptions e.g. to shop for basic necessities, exercise, go to work if you cannot do so from home, or to escape risk of harm.
- MEETING OTHERS: You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone, except with your household or support bubble (if eligible to form one). Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or support bubble.
- EXERCISE: You may exercise on your own, with your household or support bubble, or with one person from another household (when on your own). Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or support bubble.
- BARS, PUBS AND RESTAURANTS: Hospitality closed aside from sales by takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery. Alcohol cannot be purchased through takeaway or click-and-collect from hospitality venues.
- RETAIL: Essential shops can open. Non-essential retail must close and can only run click-and-collect and delivery.
- WORK AND BUSINESS: Everyone must work from home unless they are unable to do so.
- EDUCATION: Early years settings open. Primary and secondary schools and colleges move to remote provision except for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. Most university students to move to remote learning.
- LEISURE AND SPORTING FACILITIES: Closed, with limited exceptions.
- ACCOMMODATION: Closed, with limited exceptions.
- PERSONAL CARE: Closed.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Closed.
- OVERNIGHT STAYS: You must not stay overnight away from home. Limited exceptions apply e.g. to stay with your support bubble.
- WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS: Funerals of up to 30 people permitted. Weddings up to 6 people permitted in exceptional circumstances. Wakes and other linked ceremonial events of up to 6 permitted.
- PLACES OF WORSHIP: Places of worship can remain open and communal worship is permitted, but you must not mix with those outside your household or support bubble.
- TRAVELLING: You must stay at home. If you do leave home for a very limited set of exemptions, you should stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live where possible. Do not travel abroad unless an exemption applies.
- CLINICALLY EXTREMELY VULNERABLE: Shielding reintroduced across England. You should not travel to work, school, college or university and should limit the time you spend outside the home. You should only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential.
- CARE HOME VISITS: Visits can take place with arrangements such as substantial screens, visiting pods, or behind windows. Close-contact indoor visits are not allowed. No visits will be permitted in the event of an outbreak but end of life visits are permitted in all circumstances.
THE NEW STRAIN OF CORONAVIRUS IS SPREADING FAST. WE ALL NEED TO PLAY OUR PART TO STOP THE SPREAD.
For more information go to: gov.uk/coronavirus
To comply with the latest mandatory rules STAVERTON PARISH COUNCIL has closed the following:
- The tennis court
- The village hall and toilet
However the PLAY AREA at School Lane will stay open as per Government rules.
CORONA VIRUS RISK ASSESSMENT -