CORONA VIRUS (Covid 19)
In response to the Corona Virus pandemic Councillor Lindsay Shaw will be co-ordinating the Parish Council response. If you need help with shopping or medical supplies or are willing to volunteer your assistance you can contact Councillor Shaw on 07583 213 420 (Please use Text/Message service if possible) or at email@example.com.
You can also contact Trowbridge Town Council on 01225 765072 and they can offer help for essential food shopping and urgent medical supplies.
The latest advice is to only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
THESE FOUR REASONS ARE EXCEPTIONS - EVEN WHEN DOING THESE ACTIVITIES, YOU SHOULD BE MINIMISING TIME SPENT OUTSIDE OF THE HOME AND ENSURING YOU ARE 2 METRES APART FROM ANYONE OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
Please use the national guidance website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public and the NHS advice online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
The SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ARE:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
SELF ISOLATION MEANS YOU SHOULD
- stay at home
- not go to work, school or public places
- not use public transport or taxis
- ask friends, family members or delivery services to do errands for you
- try to avoid visitors to your home but it is OK for family, friends and delivery drivers to drop off food.
You need to do this for up to 14 days to help reduce the possible spread of infection.